Tuesday, May 22, 2012

news


So after a completely ghastly day at school today I have come to the conclusion that teaching is definitely not for me. Trying to discipline one of my students and she laughed in my face like it was a total joke. When the “real” teacher confronted her about it she said, and I quote, “I don’t respect her. She’s not a real teacher.” ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING. I have been a part of this classroom since February and this is how I’m treated. Fuck that shit. Another student told me today, “You’re not fun. You never let us do anything and I like Talia (the “real” teacher) way better.” Awesome. That’s great. My life rocks. Talia had been giving reading tests in the library individually to students so I was left to look over the class during Reading and Writing Workshop. I literally couldn’t deal with the class at all. The feeling of complete and utter lack of control was terrifying. And I never wish to have it again. NO MÁS. Thank God I’m flying home in less than 4 days. Fuck the fourth grade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment